(M)SDS standalone module is a flexible and convenient solution
for managing SDSs in multiple formats. The flexibility of
the MIRS (M)SDS module puts you in control: it offers
many different methods to enter SDSs in to the system, a
wide variety of search and reporting features, as well as
the ability to display your SDSs in HTML for Internet/intranet
Streamlines development of a multilingual (English, French-Canadian, German, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish)
database of safety data sheets. The (M)SDS module includes support for OSHA GHS SDS authoring!
Current US OSHA HAZCOM 2012 GHS, European Union REACH GHS, and Canadian WHMIS 2015 GHS formats are provided as well as prior formats for your archived MSDSs.
MIRS offers tremendous flexibility
in methods of entry as well as output:
- SDSs can be text-entered, scanned, imported from the web or CD-ROM.
- View or print
- Prints SDSs in any of the various formats, as well as GHS, NFPA,
HMIS or custom labels.
- Create PDFs.
- Distribute via fax or email.
- Export SDSs to HTML for viewing on the Internet or company intranet.
also features an export to CMA's CHEMTREC services, as well
as an archive tool, for compliance with OSHA's 30-year standard.
The MIRS (M)SDS module offers many features that ease
the task of Authoring and Distributing SDSs.
You can create SDSs with text built entirely out of selected phrases or you can enter free-form text.
Use the SDS Authoring Wizard to quickly generate new SDSs:
You can also author SDSs through an easy to use data entry window.
The MIRS (M)SDS module provides many selection lists which speed the creation of SDS documents:
- Enter the ingredients and the Wizard will generate the SDS from available data.
- SDSs are generated from the supplied library of 55,000 phrase-based SDSs and MSDSs of pure chemicals and/or from other SDSs you have previously authored.
- Three levels of user verses Wizard phrase selection decision making are available.
- Phrases are ranked and classified to aid automatic phrase selection.
- The Wizard learns from previous user phrase selection decisions to improve automatic phrase selection.
- Regulated Chemical database with many US, Canadian, European and other regulatory/national inventory lists.
- DOT Hazardous Materials Table, GHS Classifications, RCRA code list, ect.
- OSHA, ACGIH and many other Exposure limits.
- Acute toxicity animal test results and ecotoxicity aquatic species test results data.
- Extensive customizable phrase library, including GHS H and P phrases as well as ANSI recommended phrases.
The (M)SDS module also supports flexible SDS content:
- Include trade names, part numbers, container sizes, VOC and HAP/volume
content, Reference numbers, RTECs numbers, UPC/EAN
numbers, many optional physical properties, and more.
- Creation of GHS SDSs in US OSHA 2012, Canadian WHMIS 2015, and European Union REACH formats.
- Legacy support for old OSHS 9-part formats and ANSI, Canadian, and European formats.
- Easily update older 9 or 16-part MSDSs** to GHS SDSs.
- Ample user-defined fields to add both fields and fields labels
in each SDS section.
- Include your company's logo.
- Include standard HazMat labels, such as GHS, HMIS III, NFPA or create your own.
- Standard policy information or disclaimers.
** In June 2015, the OSHA 9-Part, ANSI Z400.1, and the original European MSDS formats
become officially obsolete and are superceded by the GHS Safety Data Sheet.
In June 2018, the Canadian WHMIS 1988 MSDS format also becomes obsolete and will be replaced by the Canadian GHS SDS format.
MIRS will continue to support these formats for archived MSDSs.
provides dozens of options to customize your SDSs appearance,
ranging from fonts, print size, spacing, colors, graphics,
The (M)SDS module also offers flexible means of distribution:
- View or print.
- Print SDSs in any of the various formats, as well as NFPA, HMIS or custom labels.
- Create PDFs or text files.
- Send via fax or email.
- Export SDSs to HTML for publication on the Internet.
to an XML (internet data) file, and upload to site that reads MSDS/SDS XML files.
A V Systems, Inc.
4657 Platt Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
The CLE (Chemical List Extension) is an add-on module to
SARA, FORM R, (M)SDS,
AIR, WASTE or NPDES.
The CLE greatly expands the standard chemical database for identifying
and cross-checking multiple agency lists. The CLE data can used
to automatically generate Section 15 (Regulatory Information) of the SDS.
CLE provides an integrated 200,000+ chemical library to expedite
entry of chemical ingredients, and cross reference for more
than 100 agency lists, including US EPA SARA, CAA, CWA, TSCA, ODC,
Canadian NPRI, IDL, DSL, several national inventory lists,
and various state lists such as CA, MI, NC, NJ, NY, PA, WI.
OSHA HAZCOM module
The OSHA HAZCOM module is an add-on to the (M)SDS module.
OSHA HAZCOM tracks data for the full range of OSHA hazard communication
- Employee training.
- Chemical exposure.
- Illness and injury, inlcuding the OSHA 301, OSHA 300 and 301a.
(M)SDS NETVIEW module
This add-on to (M)SDS module covers OSHA HazCom and Employee Right-to-Know
issues with a robust PC-based compliance tool. Provides company
employees with read-only access to the electronic SDSs through
your company's local area network. Allows 10 concurrent users.
More users can be added as required.
(M)SDS DISTRIBUTION module
Add-on to (M)SDS module automates SDS printing for manufacturers
and suppliers required to include SDSs with their products.
An SDS On-Demand Wizard provides any easy way to fulfill requests
for SDS(s) from your customers. SDSs can be emailed, faxed, or printed for mailing hard copy.
- Interfaces with order entry to print ready-to-mail SDSs.
- Tracks customers associated with each SDS.
- Automates remailing of updates based on selected criteria.